Monday, November 29, 2004

Day 29, Word Count: 20,320

Well, I broke the 20,000 mark on the second to last day of this crazy old thing. I am going to try and right a little more today and tomorrow and see just how far I can actaully get, but obvoiusly, I am not going to make the 50K mark.

It's been an interesting experiment and I have had plenty of distractions over the last month. I know that some of that is excuses, but for the most part, it was just the normal demands of like that got in the way.

During this month, though, I have gotten a lot of writing and work done. Besdes this novel writing venture, I have written two articles for other e-zines (one is for the All New, All Different Forcesofgood.com which is re-launching on 12/6/04!), done two fairly big graphic design projects for my brother's band and for a local non-profit children's theatre, and I have written 15 comic book reveiws for a software company I freelance for. All in all, a lot of work in 29 days!

Anyway, I am pretty happy with the way this NaNoWriMo novel is going and I am going to continue work on it. I am committing to myself that I am going to complete the entire first draft of this novel before I move onto any other fiction projects and my goal fro doing that is 12/31/04. I figure if I can write another 70 or 80K in another month, that's a pretty decent sized novel.

So, keep checking back here for updates and my other blog, Terror Tales, for regular postings. I am going to try and get back on schedule over there, so be there at the end of the week for a new edition of the Weekly Five - Holidays Horror version!

Thanks for everyone who checked out this site while I was attempting this insance project - I appreciate the support. Keep coming back for weekly updates on the novel (more of a novella, really)
- Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home